I know the excitement of the new year has come and gone but I wanted to share with you my list (finally!) of goals I have for myself regarding the kitchen. It is never too late to start a new goal or in my case, a whole list of goals. These are things that I want to do/make but never have before and I just haven't set the time or money aside to do it. I totally feel like this year's theme is going to be DIY projects! What's wrong with being self sufficient?
And hey, maybe this will spark an interest for you or give you that extra umph to go ahead and complete one of your goals!
So watch out 2013, this soulful girl is coming at ya!
The Never Ending To Do List
- Make my own sauerkraut
- Make these lacto-fermented dilly carrots... yum!
- Make my own kombucha (click on the link for a video)
|Beeswax candle I made with my sister-in-law|
- Homemade play doh
- Homemade finger paints
- Homemade shampoo
- Homemade deodorant
- Homemade laundry detergent
- Homemade mascara
- Replace all of my cleaning products and change them to homemade products
- Homemade beeswax candles (made a couple already, but would love to make them regularly)
- Start a compost bin (I'm sick and tired of wasting SO much!)
- Plant a mini balcony garden (hanging tomatoes, PVC strawberries, lettuce, lemon cucumbers, peas, a melon plus some herbs like rosemary, oregano, mint, chamomile)
- Plant a couple flowers to help the pollinators (bought some calendula seeds... can't wait to use them!)
- Start earthing more!
- Make my own sourdough bread
- Make my own lunch meat
- Homemade raw milk ice cream... yum
- Homemade beef jerky
- Homemade fruit leathers
Yikes. That is a lot of things I want to do or make. Good thing is, I have a whole year to fit all these things in and I'm sure I'm missing some or will want to add more soon.
Looking at all the projects I have, I think I am going to start with a compost bin. I always have a guilt trip with myself when I throw things away that I know can be composted.
Do you have a list like this going? What is at the top of your list? Please share in the comments!
Until next time,
Loriel - Healthy Roots, Happy Soul
This post is part of: Better Mom Mondays, Mix it Up Mondays, Thank Goodness It’s Monday, Clever Chicks Hop, Natural Living Mondays, Homestead Barn Hop, Fat Tuesdays, Eco-Kids Tuesday, Backyard Farming Connection, Teach Me Tuesdays, The Gathering Spot, Family Table Tuesday, Anti-Procrastination Tuesday, Healthy Tuesdays, Titus 2sday